They can work together or independently. Article Galaxy Enterprise customers can choose to implement Bibliogo and Article Shelf as stand-alone features or together.
- Sharing of PDFs purchased from Research Solutions/Reprints Desk is only available at the bibliography workgroup level and only for customers who sign an agreement confirming that they have a Copyright Clearance Center (CCC), Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) or some other reproduction rights organization license that provides them with rights for internal workgroup sharing of journal articles.
- When such a customer orders an article, the PDF gets delivered into Bibliogo, and a permanent link to open the PDF is made available in Bibliogo to all workgroup members. Rights management messages and resources are also made available at this point to ensure users understand how to remain copyright compliant in their use of the content.
- Articles for delivery outside of a Bibliogo workgroup, say to a physician, must be purchased before sending.
ARTICLE SHELF (ONLY)
- Article Shelf requires customers to have a rights management solution appropriate for their account configuration (for example, a CLA license or a CCC license or other appropriate publisher agreements may be required depending on the intended use).
- Article Shelf attempts to match all new orders, regardless of order method (Bibliogo, Reprintsdesk.com order form, email, phone, etc.), against articles the workgroup already owns or has access to.
- Customers may pay a service fee for orders filled via Article Shelf. Customers may also pay a royalty fee in addition to the service fee if the user doesn’t have rights to the article for the stated use.
Click here for more information about Article Shelf Browser.
BIBLIOGO + ARTICLE SHELF
- Customers get the convenience of easy access to their curated articles within Bibliogo workgroups, as well as enterprise cost-savings for new orders.