New Mobile-Web App for Medical Sales, Marketing & Medical Affairs
On 8 May 2012 we launched our new eprints app for deploying medical reprints on iPads, mobile devices, product websites, and portals.
Article Viewer is powered by a content management console that enables authorized administrators to efficiently load and deploy article eprints, then access on-demand usage analytics. Users with iPads can access the content they need by downloading the free Article Viewer mobile app from Apple’s App Store, then load articles they have licensed for anytime-anywhere access. Users can also access article eprints, both single eprints and collections of eprints, via a sleek interface on the web. Articles remain accessible according to license agreements secured with rights holders.
Here's a visual overview of how the solution can work inside the enterprise:
Viewing on the iPad
- Users can go to the iTunes App store, search for Article Viewer from Reprints Desk, download to their iPad and launch the Article Viewer App.
- When Article Viewer launches, users will see the shelf view. They can then click on the Download button in the upper left. Users will now see the welcome screen.
- They can enter their cursor in the first Access Code field.
5. The document Package will transfer straight into the Shelf View mode of the Article Viewer App, with a “new” banner indicating new downloads that users haven’t viewed yet. (Illustrated by the screenshot on the next page.)
6. To view a Document, click on the icon of the Document you’d like to view. It will show a scroll-able “Quick View” with a brief description of the Document including any viewing or printing limitations. Then click on the View button to view the document.
7. More detailed viewing instructions for both the Article Viewer App and the Web Links, including contact information, is available in the User Manual that was included in the initial download of the Article Viewer App.
Viewing on the Web
1.To view licensed content on the Web, users can either click or copy-and-paste Article Viewer web links into their preferred browser.
2. A web page launches displaying the PDFs. If the web page is being viewed on an iPad, the Article Viewer App can be downloaded to the iPad by clicking the Download App button. The documents will be automatically transferred to the Article Viewer App.
3. To view a document on the web, users can click the View Now button. Users can use the arrows and the scroll bars to navigate through the document. Minus and Plus signs are also available for adjusting the size of the document.
For more information about Article Viewer or a tour of the content management console available to administrators in Life Sciences and Publishing , please contact us.
Post is closed for comments.