2015-08-17 (Reprints Desk Release Notes)
- The ‘Single Article’ label in the ‘Order’ section on the Article Galaxy dashboard has been updated to ‘Request Articles’ for all document delivery customers.
For accounts with the ‘Cut and Paste’ functionality activated, there is now an option to have a dashboard button entitled ‘Cut and Paste’ to provide you and your users with a shortcut for easily submitting multiple requests online. If you’d like this button on your dashboard, please contact us.
- No special formatting is required for pasted text.
- For accounts that have the ‘Manage Citations & Alerts’ button their dashboard, which logs users in to Bibliogo, we can now modify the text on that button, e.g., ‘Bibliogo’. Please contact us if you’re interested.
ORDER FORM ENHANCEMENTS view new order form sample
- Simplified option to add delivery recipients for any delivery request.
- Previously, adding a delivery email address required navigating to a separate web page, then navigating back to the order form to select the recipient and submit the order.
- Now a new address can be added on the order form by simply selecting OTHER EMAIL and entering the new address in the blank field. The new address will be added to the address book, and will be available for future selection from the drop down.
- Note that your account can limit ‘send to’ recipients to approved domains if desired.
- DOIs and PMIDs can still be used as the only information required to submit a document delivery request, but now the order form will auto-populate other citation fields when they are used by you or your users.
- The auto-population is designed to save time for you and your users, and also to enable verification that the DOI or PMID that is used relates the actual article of interest prior to submitting requests.
- Tip: Once a DOI or PMID has been typed or pasted into the corresponding field, you can hit ‘Enter’ on your keyboard rather than clicking ‘Get Citation’.
- Type ahead functionality to save time for users in identifying and adding accurate publication names and ISSNs within the corresponding Publication field.
- This new functionality will also help to boost turnaround speed and clean data for usage reporting and analysis.
- Importantly, you and your users will also still be able to type in any information within this field and will not be forced to select from the directory of suggested publications.
New ‘Check Pricing & Availability’ option so you and your users can view detailed acquisition options and account-specific pricing prior to order placement.
- This option will only appear for accounts that have price estimates activated for their account.
- See ‘New Check Pricing & Availability’ Information Page section below for additional details.
- New ‘Reset Form’ option that appears in the footer of the order form to make it easier for users to correct citation details on the order form.
- Replacement of the ‘Place Order’ button with a button that reads ‘Request PDF’.
Important Note: Only customers who authenticate into Article Galaxy’s standard document delivery form will see the order form changes detailed above. Users from Web Services, Fast Order Form (IP-authentication), Email-Only, Academic A-Z Order Form, Localized Language Order Form, and Article Galaxy Widget-Only accounts will not see these changes.
NEW ‘CHECK PRICING & AVAILABILITY’ INFORMATION PAGE
- Enhanced pricing information on the new ‘Pricing & Availability’ Information page.
- For Article Galaxy customers that choose to display pricing, you can now benefit from new price display logic.
- New pricing logic will supplement current copyright pricing with account-specific service fee information that factors in consideration to other variables, including: subscription access as well as previously purchased articles and re-use rights for accounts that qualify and have activated these features.
- Additionally, you and your users will now also be able to view ‘Quick Download’ availability for items that are available for immediate download (see next section below for details).
NEW QUICK DOWNLOAD FUNCTIONALITY
Users will see an increasing number of articles available for download immediately after submitting requests.
- This new feature saves time for you and your users and increases convenience by eliminating the need to navigate away from the Article Galaxy order form to an email inbox and then to an online download page.
- Note that you will still receive order confirmation and delivery emails containing a download link for reference.
NEW PUBLISHER AGREEMENTS
We’ve added to our extensive list of publisher agreements with these notable additions:
- Postgraduate Medicine, Hospital Practice, and The Physician and Sports Medicine, which were recently acquired by Taylor & Francis
- Titles in the social sciences, economics and political theory from Palgrave Macmillan.
- Faster delivery of many articles published by Thomson Reuters.
- User session timeout for non-activity increased to 60 minutes.
- Credit cards now also supported via web services.
- Intended Uses can be used in Article Galaxy Widget.
Added DOI and PMID to OpenURL standard 1.1 po.aspx
- The OpenURL 1.0 standard tags for these are 'id=doi:' &id=pmid:'
- Two-factor authentication added as additional security for Reprints Desk employees with Article Galaxy access privileges.
COMING SOON IN ARTICLE GALAXY
Stay tuned for our next Article Galaxy release in early Fall 2015, which will include:
- Article Rentals
- Quick linkouts to subscription content within the order placement process
- Article “availability” display sensitive to license terms and conditions
- Mobile-web versions of the Login & Document Delivery Order Form pages
- And more!
Contact us today to request advanced information about these features or our soon-to-be announced library portal and authentication solutions.
Accessible via any Internet browser, Article Galaxy Widget is a FREE tool that simplifies lowest cost access to full-text scholarly papers via PubMed, Google Scholar, and more than 50 popular search and discovery tools.
NEW SOCIAL, EXPORT, & MONITORING FUNCTIONALITY
We’ve added a number of exciting new features and functionality that can be initiated directly from any search tool or database:
- Open all references on a page that can be bookmarked and securely shared with others
- Export all references in EndNote (RIS) format
- Open all references in Bibliogo
- Follow PubMed New and Noteworthy in Bibliogo
- Follow Current PubMed Search in Bibliogo
Article Galaxy Widget has already been tested for compatibility with more than 50 tools and now includes these additional verified integrations:
- IOP Science
- TDNet Discover
- New account setting to control whether Article Galaxy Widget launches with all citations selected or all citations unselected.
- Credit cards can now be used for transactional purchases via Article Galaxy Widget
- Article Galaxy Widget has supplemented username/password authentication with the ability to authenticate users using the SAML SSO 2.0 standard.
- Custom customer reference fields are now available via a dropdown and can be applied to one, multiple or all selected citations.
- Reference fields are often used to capture cost center information, project codes, notes, and other order-related information.
- Article Galaxy Widget can now be customized with an accent color and/or a logo. Additionally some of the text on buttons and mouseover help can be customized.
- The ‘Get Help’ link and text that appears in the top window header can now be customized by account, supplementing custom co-branding options.
Bibliogo is an Article Galaxy add-on comprised of powerful literature tools from shared library and reference management capabilities to alerting for table of contents, saved searches, and curated content.
ENHANCED MOBILE COMPATIBILITY
Bibliogo is now iPad2+ compatible via native mobile web access.
- Online PDF access capabilities already exist today. Now offline access is possible as well through the utilization of iBooks or other PDF viewer apps.
- The user ‘friendly name’ is now displayed in the top navigation bar. It replaces the ‘Account’ link and can now be clicked to open that tab.
- The tag filtering feature in the citation toolbar now persists selections during and between Bibliogo sessions.
A new User Group option is available to automatically create a ‘My Citations’ bibliography for each user.
- This bibliography will be pinned to the top of any user’s bibliography list.
- The bibliography displays all citations that you or your users have added to Bibliogo.
- If auto-populate is turned on for the Bibliogo account, ‘My Citations’ also includes citations and PDFs for articles the user purchased, if any.
- Additional Bibliogo enhancements:
- The Bibliogo bookmarklet now imports PubMed keywords/mesh terms.
- A new ‘Mark Unread’ button on feed entries as well as a ‘Mark All As Read’ button for bibliographies.
- Auto-suggest for colleague’s email addresses as users type.
- You and your users can now populate only the DOI field in Bibliogo’s ‘Add Citation’ dialog box. The full citation details will be filled in after clicking ‘Add this citation’.
- New user group setting in Bibliogo to automatically create a 'My Articles' Smart Bibliography for each user. When turned on, this Smart Bibliography is pinned to the top and updates automatically when citations are added to any bibliography or, for accounts that use auto-populate, when Reprints Desk delivers articles.
- Bibliogo bibliographies can now be sorted by publication date. This adds to the previously available sort options: date added, author and article title.
- Users can now remove themselves from bibliographies that have been shared with them.
- Users can now toggle permissions on previously uploaded files between shared and private.
Post is closed for comments.