The Article Galaxy Autumn 2015 Release has arrived, featuring:
- Article Galaxy Library Portal
- Full-Text Article Rentals
- Quick Linkouts
- Article Galaxy Link Resolver
- BrowZine Integration
You can view full Autumn 2015 release documentation below.
And in case you missed it, don’t forget to check out our Summer 2015 release notes announcing Quick Downloads for non-subscribed journal content, Article Galaxy Widget reference management connectors for EndNote, RefMan and Bibliogo, and more.
We hope you appreciate the latest investments in Article Galaxy innovation. Stay tuned for our next release announcing the Article Galaxy Help Desk ticketing system and knowledgebase for libraries and information centers.
Article Galaxy Library Portal
Article Galaxy Library Portal is an optional paid add-on that provides a unified point of access and management for licensed journals, books, databases, publisher token content, enterprise content repositories, web content, and document delivery order placement for non-licensed content.
The Article Galaxy Library Portal features:
- Searching, browsing and A-Z (subscription/database) list discovery functionality
- Export options to Reference manager tools.
- RSS alerting for new or updated information
- Easy document delivery ordering for non-subscribed journal content
- User alignment to organizational divisions and departments.
- Multiple personalization options at both the group and individual level, delivering a single, consistent online interface.
- Full compatibility with mobile devices
- Full API support
- Built-in SUSHI statistics harvester
Full-Text Article Rentals
Now available via the Article Galaxy order form on the reprintsdesk.com website, the optional Article Rentals add-on enables your end users to spend their budget on the articles that matter most while providing you with comprehensive usage statistics to determine when to subscribe to a publication or publisher package.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Scientific, technical and medical publishers like Elsevier, Informa, T&F, Massachusetts Medical Society, Nature, and BMJ have signed up with more in the queue.
- Users can identify rentals and rental pricing within the content requesting workflow by using the online order form. Note that activation of Intended Use on the Article Galaxy order form is required.
- Users will receive an email containing a link to an online rental.
- A rented article may be viewed for three (3) days, starting when the document is first accessed. A user will have up to two (2) weeks to begin viewing the rented article.
- Article rentals are for use by a single individual only.
- Rentals are for online viewing only and cannot be printed or downloaded.
- Rental transaction pricing varies by publisher and is generally between $3 to $21 USD (no additional service fees apply).
- Users have the opportunity to upgrade their rental to a full PDF purchase at the regular price at any time during the initial rental period. If upgraded, you will only be charged for the PDF purchase (the rental fee will be deducted).
- Activation and annual license fees for the rental add-on may apply.
- In the future, we are planning to upgrade the BETA version that was initially introduced via Article Galaxy Widget as well as our web services capabilities.
Following up on the Summer 2015 release featuring Quick Downloads for non-subscribed content, Article Galaxy now offers an optional paid add-on for Quick Linkouts to subscribed content.
When a user submits a request that can be identified within the licensed holdings for their organization, Article Galaxy can now link the user to the requested content directly from the order form.
Together, these two new features save time for users and provide immediate gratification by eliminating the need to wait for an email containing a link to a document delivery download or to their subscribed content.
Article Galaxy Link Resolver
Article Galaxy Link Resolver is a fully managed add-on that enables users to access the full-text for licensed content directly from the native interface of any OpenURL-enabled discovery environment.
The user simply clicks the Article Galaxy Link Resolver icon for the content they desire. Article Galaxy Link Resolver is initiated and presents the user with full-text access if subscription access exists.
If subscription access does not exist, then the user will be presented with the option to buy or rent the article.
Article Galaxy Link Resolver offers many advantages including:
- Maximum user convenience via ‘Zero Clicks Away’ design for full-text access
- Time-saving features: reference management integration & results sharing
- Potential for multi-article handling from a set of search results
- Single source for usage and holdings data used in link resolving & document delivery
- Improved spend management through the integration of rentals
- Cost avoidance through offline link resolving backup
- Lower cost alternative to many traditional link resolver alternatives
BrowZine is a preferred service that researchers around the world use to create personalized views for browsing, reading and following the scholarly journals available from their library.
Initially launched as a mobile application, the creators at Third Iron LLC have since announced the release of BrowZine Web Edition that enables researchers to incorporate BrowZine into their workflow from whatever platform they may be using – including Article Galaxy from Reprints Desk!
Stay tuned for our next release announcing the Article Galaxy Help Desk ticketing system and knowledgebase for libraries and information centers.
Post is closed for comments.