The Article Galaxy Summer 2016 Release has arrived, featuring:
- New shopping cart-like ordering options (PubMed NCBI, ScienceDirect, EBSCO Discovery Service)
- Enhanced document delivery APIs for discovery platform providers
- Launch of the world’s largest curated list of Open Access journals
- Article re-use analysis & return-on-investment reporting (calculator)
- And much more!
You can view full Summer 2015 release documentation online here.
And in case you missed it, don’t forget to check out the Autumn 2015 release notes announcing the availability of Article Galaxy Library Portal, full-text article rentals, quick linkouts, Article Galaxy Link Resolver, and BrowZine Integration.
Article Galaxy is Reprints Desk’s powerful document delivery platform that simplifies how organizations procure, access, manage, use, and legally share journal articles.
New Integration Within Native PubMed NCBI UI Interface
- In addition to using the PubMed Otool to auto-populate the Article Galaxy order form with citation details from any abstract page within PubMed, you and other Article Galaxy users can now send orders for one or more papers to Reprints Desk using the ‘Send To Order’ option from any PubMed search results page or abstract page.
- For more information go to: http://help.reprintsdesk.com/entries/108045463-Ordering-From-PubMed-Using-the-NCBI-Send-To-Order-Dropdown.
Launch of the world’s largest curated list of Open Access journals
- Reprints Desk has recently integrated what we believe is the world’s largest curated list of Open Access journals.
- The list is utilized in lowest cost acquisition filtering of (document delivery) requests for research papers with consideration given to the granular Open Access terms and conditions that exist such as CC-BY-NC.
New Web Service APIs for
- A number of new web service APIs are available, enabling Article Galaxy functionality to be made accessible via third-party discovery tools, custom order forms (e.g. via Microsoft SharePoint, etc.) and other online interfaces.
- New APIs include:
- Article rental availability status
- Publisher pay-per-view token availability status
- Indication if article was previously purchased
- Article Galaxy account-specific price display
Replacement of ePub with final published version of Article in Article Shelf
- When a user purchases an article that is an epub or ‘ahead of print’ version, Article Galaxy now offers a paid service capability to replace the article version for the user with the final publication version
Multiple New Direct Publisher Sourcing Deals
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology / ASCO (journal articles & conference proceedings)
- Future Medicine (book chapters)
- Future Science (book chapters)
- Mark Allen Group (added to academic collection)
- NewsRx (newsletters)
- Pier Online (journal articles)
- SAE International (journal articles and technical papers)
- Sage (new discounts added to academic & government collections)
New Article Re-Use Analysis for Customers and Non-Customers
- For customers and non-customers wondering what their actual rate of article re-use is, Reprints Desk is pleased to offer a new complimentary analysis service.
- Contact Reprints Desk for more details.
Article Galaxy Widget
Article Galaxy Widget is a paid add-on that injects Article Galaxy into users’ Internet browser bar, providing them with fast, shopping cart-like content access – via subscriptions, purchases, rentals and more – directly from any web page or search tools such as Google Scholar, PubMed, and Engineering Village.
New Copy-and-Paste Order form
- Integration with EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) & Science Direct from Elsevier
- Expanded Intended Use options for copyright-compliant re-use
- Quick Downloads of non-subscribed PDFs that are requested
- Expanded rental catalog with Quick Linkouts for immediate access
- Print holdings availability indicator
- Publisher pay-per-view (PPV) token availability indicator
- Support for launching Article Galaxy Widget via a custom button or link on any web page so users don't need to install the Bookmarklet – useful for database and discovery platform suppliers
- New toggle capability to switch between discovered citations and a copy/paste order form so users can use Article Galaxy Widget as their sole ordering interface
Article Galaxy Library Portal
Article Galaxy Library Portal provides a unified point of access and management for licensed journals, books, databases, publisher token content, enterprise content repositories, web content, and document delivery order placement for non-licensed content.
- User management
- Ability for admins to create a user
- Export Users to Excel
- Bulk import users
- Blog roll widget: allow adding summary
- Export IP Rules to Excel
- Carousel widget editor tool
- User management
- Limit to Full Text facet
- Improved Discover Query Language with support for grouping (e.g. uv OR ultra violet OR ultraviolet) AND melanoma
- Publication date prioritization
Article Galaxy Add-On Bibliogo® offers a single-source solution for aggregated saved search and table of contents feeds, literature alerting and curation, reference management, and more.
- Bibliography-level commenting to supplement citation-level commenting
- Enhanced user interface for simplified searching within a specific bibliography
- New search results member/non-member bibliography filtering options
- New user group option to have a ‘smart bibliography’ created and pinned to the top of bibliography list for all users
- New bibliography auto-share permission controls
Reprints Desk News
Below is a summary of the news announcements from Reprints Desk since the last set of release notes were published.
Researchers Find Answers With New On-Demand Information Concierge Service
Reprints Desk's Parent Company Announces $5.2 Million Private Placement
Reprints Desk To Focus on Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Offerings in 2017
Reprints Desk Partners With WWIS, Offers On-Demand Content Delivery To Academic Libraries In South Africa
Reprints Desk's Parent Company Engages Harvey & Company To Identify Corporate Acquisition Targets
Reprints Desk's Parent Company Appoints Chad Cooper to Board of Directors
LYRASIS Consortium Enhances Member Access to Journal Content through Purchasing Agreement with Reprints Desk
Reprints Desk Transitions Research Investment’s Fortune 500 Customer Base onto Article Galaxy SaaS Platform
Reprints Desk's Parent Company Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2016 Financial Results
BrowZine Web Edition Integrates with Article Galaxy®, Simplifying Researcher Access to Journal Content
Access Copyright Customers Gain Innovative Document Delivery Option
Reprints Desk Releases Free Post-Conference Report for Content Workflow 2015 Library Event
Reprints Desk Named One of the Most Influential Companies in the Digital Content Industry for Sixth Consecutive Year
Article Galaxy® Autumn 2015 Version Release Inserts Article Rentals and Instant Subscription Content Access into Researcher Workflows
Post is closed for comments.